Effective Date: January 27, 2012
Upon becoming a member, you create a password that allows you to access your account. You agree not to share this password with anyone else. You are solely responsible for all activity from your account. You also agree not to use the password of another HistoryWorldRankings member.
You are solely responsible for all user content that you post or upload to the HistoryWorldRankings service, and bear all consequences of posting or uploading it. User content includes, but is not limited to, images, text, video, and sounds. By uploading content to the web site, you agree to let all site visitors access it free of charge on the HistoryWorldRankings web site. You agree to allow this content to be displayed, added to, modified, deleted from, and distributed on the web site. This is a limited license that does not allow HistoryWorldRankings to distribute or otherwise sell your user content outside of the range of the HistoryWorldRankings services. This limited license remains in effect the entire time while the content is hosted on the HistoryWorldRankings web site. Due to the nature of the internet, you also agree to hold HistoryWorldRankings harmless from any misuse or piracy of your content that may arise from visitors who access your content.
Proprietary Rights of HistoryWorldRankings.com Site content
Protecting Copyrights and Intellectual Property of Third Parties
1. Identify the copyrighted work on our web site in a way that we can find it ourselves. If multiple works appear on our site, please identify all of them.
2. Provide the url(s) where the potential infringment(s) occur and describe the specific work(s) that appear at these url(s).
3. Provide your name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
4. Provide a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of work in question is not authorized by the copyright owner.
5. Provide a statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
6. Provide a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You may submit your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement by contacting our Copyright Agent at:
Notices may be sent either via e-mail or standard mail. Remember that filing a false form is perjury.
We will respond expeditiously to notices of claimed copyright infringement. Repeat DMCA violations will lead to the cancellation of the user's account.
HistoryWorldRankings users are solely responsible for their own actions, and may not post or transmit prohibited content. Users are not allowed to post or transmit content that:
Be aware that this is not an exhaustive list, and that prohibited content submissions and prohibited user actions are not limited only to these.
- is in violation of a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, intellectual property, or other rights of another.
- is illegal or prohibited by government authorities.
- is blatantly offensive or discriminatory toward a group of people, such as an ethnic or religious group, or promotes hate and bigotry, is intended to intimidate or anger another user, or is potentially libelous or defamatory.
- is exploitive of children in any way.
- contains nudity or sexual acts.
- contains acts of excessive violence.
- is an image or video of a person who has not given his or her permission for the image or video to be posted.
- contains advertising, solicitations, pyramid schemes, spam, or the like.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA) WHATSOEVER ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR USE OF THE HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS SERVICE, OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS SERVICE WHETHER, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE EVEN IF HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO ACCESS THE SITE, IF ANY. IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANY FEES TO ACCESS THE SITE, YOUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF ONLY AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO ANY DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE.
HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS MAKES NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE SERVICE OR ITS CONTENT. HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY PROBLEMS WITH OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF ITS SERVICE OR ITS CONTENT. THE HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS SERVICE IS PROVIDED STRICTLY "AS IS", AND WE THEREFORE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) THE FOLLOWING 1) ANY CONTENT POSTED OR UPLOADED BY OUR USERS 2) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGE SUFFERED AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF USING THIS WEB SITE 3) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, OR TROJANS THAT YOU ACQUIRE FROM OR WEB SITE 4) ANY INACCURACIES OR INCORRECTNESS OF ANY OF OUR DATA OR CONTENT 5) ANY ILLEGAL ACTIONS TAKEN THROUGH THE USE OF OUR WEB SITE 6) ANY DOWNTIME OR OPERABILITY ISSUES THAT OUR WEB SITE EXPERIENCES 7) THE QUALITY OF ANY GOOD OR SERVICES EXCHANGED THROUGH OUR WEB SITE 8) ANY HARM DONE BY A USER OF OUR WEB SITE 9) THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, OR SAFETY OF ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR CONTENT THAT IS LINKED FROM OR TO, UPLOADED TO, OR POSTED TO OUR WEB SITE 10) ANY ADVERTISING OR THIRD PARTY THAT CHOOSES TO ADVERTISE THROUGH OUR WEB SITE. THE HISTORYWORLDRANKINGS SERVICE AND WEB SITE ARE AT ALL TIMES TO BE ACCESSED AND USED ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You agree to indemnify and hold HistoryWorldRankings, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, and employees, harmless from any loss, claim, liability, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the HistoryWorldRankings service, the violation of this agreement, or infringement by you, or other user of the service using your computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity. You are entirely responsible for all activities which occur under your account. If you ever have reason to believe that there has been unauthorized use of your account, you should contact us immediately.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Florida. You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising from or relating to Our Site or these Terms may be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Florida, and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction, venue, and convenience of such courts. You hereby waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any such dispute, action, or proceeding. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or relating to our site or these terms shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.